FALL FAMILY FUN NIGHT 2016
October 22nd from 4-7 pm!
Volunteer Signups Download PTA Waiver
Turn the radio UP and get ready to Monster Mash it, Foothill-style! We’re jammin’, pre-Halloween, with LIVE music and DJ performances, and the best new addition to the carnival experience – Inflatable Human Foosball! Invite your friends and family and get ready to impress with costumes and best original dance moves. Saturday, October 22, 4:00-7:00 pm, and yes, there will be fine, fun dining options available – food trucks galore! Bring on your Frankenstein and let’s get this party started. Buy tickets in advance right now. Advance ticket purchasers are entered into our RAFFLE!!!!
Current raffle prizes include:
- A Private Tour at the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
- Pony Rides at Cooper-Garrod Farms
- 1/2 Hour Pony Ride (Any Age)
- 1 Hour Horse Ride (Age 8 and Up)
- Bench seat with the SHS Girls Basketball Team
- A Gift Certificate for Preston Wynne
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds to benefit the Foothill PTA, aka Your Kids! To volunteer at the event, please email Yvonne Zivanic or Sara Sharvit. You can also volunteer by filling out the online form here.
FALL FAMILY FUN NIGHT 2015
Thank you to all the families who participated in Fall Family Fun Night on Saturday, Oct 24th. We had a great turn-out and everyone had a lot of fun. Thank you to all the volunteers – Foothill parents and Saratoga High School students who helped in various ways to make the event a success.
We had a great group of core volunteers who helped organize the event – Misty Davies, Denise Zarins, Matt Weber, Connie Weber, Donnette Teeple, Neena Thomas, Sumangala Prasad, Malini Keshavan, Ruchi Joshi and Kalpana Ramakrishnan. A special thanks to the Foothill office, teachers, staff and Principal Joe Bosco for supporting FFFN in various ways.
We had several FFFN prize winners last year. They are:
Costume Contest Winners:
Firestation visit: Ryan Cho
SHS Guest Drum Major: Magdalena Mendez
SHS Football Guest: Ishaan Joshi
Adult Winners: Seppo Altonnen, Misty Davies
Online Ticket Prize Drawing:
Principal for a Day: Isabella Wang
SHS Girls Basketball Bench Assistant – Teya Morretti
SHS Boys Basketball Bench Assistant – Ishir Ayyagari
See you at FFFN 2016!
Volunteer Signups Download PTA Waiver
The annual Fall Family Fun Night (FFFN) will be held on Saturday, October 24, 4:00-7:00pm. This is the evening that the community gathers at Foothill to enjoy games, prizes, food, balloons, an inflatable slide, face-painting, music, etc in a carnival atmosphere. You don’t want to miss the fun.
- Online Tickets & Drawing
- PTA Waiver
- Costume Contest
- Games and Activities
- Contact Us
- FFFN Layout Map
The online ticket site is now closed. Tickets will be available for sale (cash only) on October 24th at the ticket booth outside the Multipurpose Room.
Tickets will give you access to the carnival games, haunted house, slide, balloons and face painting. You can get a discount on your tickets as well as avoid the queues by purchasing your tickets online. Your online orders will be available for pickup at the will-call table outside the MPR on the day of the event. Tickets will also be available for sale (cash only) at the ticket booth outside the MPR. Make sure that you have already signed the PTA Waiver when you purchase your tickets.
Online purchases will be entered into a drawing!! Prizes for the drawing:
- Principal for a Day at Foothill Elementary
- What does it take to be a Principal at Foothill? Spend a day with Mr Bosco and find out. You even get to eat lunch with him in the office!
- Bench Assistant at a Saratoga High Varsity Boys Basketball Game
- Get one step closer to your hoops dreams! Get a prime seat on the bench with our hardworking Saratoga High Boys Basketball Team. Meet Coach Trevor Naas, help with bench duties, shoot around at half time and get a photo-op with the team.
- Bench Assistant at a Saratoga High Varsity Girls Basketball Game
- Few things are more satisfying in life than getting a fast break and our Saratoga High Girls team knows how that feels! Get to meet our inspirational girls team, help with bench duties, get a photo-op with the team. Meet Coach Davey and Coach Yeilding – they might give you a few tips on your jump shot.
NOTE: Only children will be considered for the prizes listed above. Only one child per family per drawing. If the winner is a “Family” package drawing, parents are responsible for nominating one child. All drawings are final. Families are required to be present at FFFN to claim their prize. Drawing will be held at 5:20pm on Oct 24, 2015.
What is a PTA Waiver? It is an important document that needs to be signed by parents or else your kids will not be given access to enjoy certain fun things in PTA events. For example, they might not be able to enjoy the inflatable slide in the Fall Family Fun Night. This waiver was a form included in your first day packet.
Errr – I don’t remember all the forms that I signed in the first day packet – they were so many.
Relax Mom & Dad, no worries – you’re not the only one! Download the form here, fill it out and drop it in the Foothill office. But please do it, ASAP.
We want to give you one more opportunity to wear your Halloween costume! Come to FFFN dressed in your Halloween costume – win a prize. FFFN will have a COSTUME CONTEST with prizes awarded by judges! You don’t want to miss it. If you have not shopped for your costume already, you better get busy! Costume contest winners will be announced at 5:30pm. So, make sure that you arrive at FFFN on time.
Prizes for the costume contest:
- Gift basket from the Santa Clara Fire Dept and a special firestation tour
- Be the “drum major” for the Saratoga High Pep Band at the football game on Nov 13
- Be the Falcon guest of the Saratoga High football team. Walk out with the team during the game on Nov 6 for the coin toss
Costume Contest Judges:
- Howard Miller – Mayor of Saratoga and parent alumnus of Foothill Elementary
- Sandy Wu – Saratoga High PTSO President and parent alumnus of Foothill Elementary
- Sally Perry – Retired teacher of Foothill Elementary
Note: Only children currently enrolled at Foothill Elementary will be eligible for the kids costume contest. All adults will be eligible for the adult costume contest.
We are fortunate to have a vibrant parent community that is always ready to lend a helping hand. FFFN will not be a success without your help. Please signup for a volunteer slot (or two or more) and make this event awesome. This event is fun for the family, benefits the PTA programs and is a celebration of our wonderful community. What better motivation to sign up for a volunteer slot ?! Click HERE to signup.
We will have a wide assortment of games in several locations:
(1) Multipurpose Room: This room will feature the following games with redeemable prizes:
—- Duck Pond, Par 1 Golf, Ring Any Bottle, Flip a Frog
—- Pennant Race, Roller Bowler, Treasure Chest, Tin Can Alley
(2) Lawn behind the Multipurpose Room: This area will feature games for the sports fans with redeemable prizes:
—- Electronic Basketball, Kick ‘n Score Soccer, Foothill Toss
—- This area will also feature the ever-popular inflatable slide! Remember, you need to have a PTA Waiver to use the slide.
(3) Kindergarten Area: We need our little kindergartners and first graders to enjoy the carnival too. If they are too overwhelmed in the Multipurpose Room, they can stop by this area for a kiddie version of:
—- Duck Pond, Bean Bag Toss, Ring Toss (these games will have prizes)
—-All kids can enjoy the balloons and face painting stations in this area.
You can enjoy all things scary and ghoulish in the clubhouse which will be converted to an extremely spooky haunted house. The Saratoga High School Robotics club will also have a “spooky robot ” outside the haunted house to entertain you. Enjoy being scared silly!
We will have food trucks serving a variety of items of various cuisines:
— Mogo BBQ – Korean and Mexican BBQ
— Dil Se – Indian Cuisine
— Kona Ice – Shaved Ice and Ice-cream
— Tiki Sweetz – Cotton Candy
All food trucks will only accept cash.
We are always happy to answer questions and are also willing to listen to suggestions. Please email us and we will get back to you.